Primary English Program
English for life
Cana English delivers fun, thematic learning designed to help kids communicate confidently in English. Our mission is to empower students with the tools and skills they need to reach native-level fluency.
Closing the English Gap
Cana English is here to close the gap between the English your child learns in school, and the English that is used everyday by native speakers. Following the International School approach to learning, we give your child the skills and tools they need to communicate confidently with English-speakers. They’ll not only see a boost to classroom grades, but learn to speak, write and engage with English like a native speaker. Under the guidance of native English teachers, we’ll help them learn English for Life.
The curriculum was specially created and developed by native English teachers— themselves alumni of premier international schools and universities like Li Po Chun, Shatin College, South Island, Oxbridge, UCL and Hong Kong University. It was designed to advance English learners by giving them the skills native speakers use to master English.
Why Learn with Cana English
International School Approach - Kids learn through independence and problem solving over memorisation and spoon-feeding—English skills for life, not just for exams.
Boost Classroom Grades -The curriculum complements in-school learning, moving your child ahead of the pack, boosting ability, grades and fluency.
Fun Thematic Curriculum - Students get away from the usual boring textbooks and instead learn English through activities like solving a mystery or discovering the world. With exciting course topics they’ll always be ready to learn.
Communicate like a Native - Encouraged to speak English with native English tutors from the beginning, kids overcome nervousness and shyness, building confidence in their pronunciation and general speaking.
Ready to help your child excel in English? Get in Touch to Find Out More
In our English Discoverers, English Explorers, and English Adventurers programs, we offer students of varying ages and levels the chance to solidify and build upon their English skills. Students are encouraged to take part, to share and discuss ideas, and have fun, as confidence is key in increasing language fluency.
Upon completion of each theme (6 lessons), parents will receive written comments for the teacher regarding their son or daughter’s performance.
The course schedule is available here.
- Journey - Students will explore the far reaches of the global and work to broaden their vocabulary through descriptive speaking and writing.
- Mystery - Students take on the role of a detective, attempting to solve a mystery and work on their grammar and correct formation of questions.
- Restaurant - In this theme students learn and build on their understanding of sentence structure.
- Stage and Screen - Students learn the ins and out of the English stage and screen, touching Shakespeare and his plays.
- Newspaper - Students work to build their own newspaper, including a headline, an editorial and a review.
- Culture and Tradition - In this theme, students learn about several different world cultures and their unique traditions and focus on writing, creating their own folklore stories and original recipes for example.
- Ancient History - During these 6 lessons, students come to understand the lives of people like the ancient Egyptians and the Aztecs. Students will also work on their reading and comprehension skills.
- Genre Exploration - Students examine several literary genres and work to adapt their writing skills to each unique style.
- Mythology - Mythology, particularly the stories from Ancient Greek mythology, play an important role in English literature. During these lessons, students will examine mythology from around the world, discussing its meaning and influence, as well as writing their own mythological stories.
- The Science of Space - After spending a number of lessons looking at the world around us, students will look to what is beyond the planet. Students will, again, come into contact with different forms of writing and will broaden their reading and writing abilities.
- Inventors and Inventions - In these 6 lessons, students will learn about and discuss some of the key inventions in the history of humankind. Students will also design and present their own invention to their peers, just like Thomas Edison and Alexander Graham Bell before them.
- Story - Students look at the essential make up of stories and work to write their own complete short story.