Choose Subject:

IB Chemistry

Should I study IB Chemistry?

IB Chemistry is offered at Higher Level (HL) and Standard Level (SL). 80% of the course is assessed externally, and the remaining 20% is assessed internally. If you would like to further your studies in Medical, Biochemical, Pharmacy or Chemical Engineering related disciplines at university, it is highly recommended that you take Chemistry at HL. Please note that if you are applying to medical/biochemical related discipline at top universities, IB Biology is also required.

How CANA coaches students to achieve a 7 in IB Chemistry

Students often find the quantity of course content daunting and struggle with the difficulty of questions asked in their exams. At CANA, students are provided with organized notes, past papers, and CANA study guides/workbooks which are co-edited by senior IB examiners. These introduce concepts clearly and concisely with the intention to boost exam skills and help students tackle frequently asked questions. We also provide coaching on Chemistry IA, which makes up 20% of the IB Chemistry grade.

Our IB Chemistry tutors have a wealth of experience in guiding students through IB Chemistry and helping them achieve the best possible grade.

Our IB Chemistry Tutors


The IB was tough and grueling program, but I credit my peers, teachers and the wonderful tutors at Cana for providing a challenging and fulfilling environment for me to learn. Cana tutors are not only knowledgeable in their fields but also approachable; willing and able to answer any questions I had on hand. Overall, I'm really happy with completing the IB and I can definitely say that the feeling of accomplishment after receiving my score made all the hard work worth it.

Eunice Canadian International School, 45/45 in IBDP


Here at CANA Elite, we truly believe that every student is unique, and yet all have the potentials to reach their goals with the right guidance. Academic excellence is derived from both passionate teachers and eager students. That is why we provide a uniquely designed learning experience that is tailored to each individual student. Named after the location of first miracle, we hope that CANA Elite can be the place of miracles for each of our students, helping them to reach their goals.