Intensive training course in UK Medicine/Dentistry Interviews
CANA is offering a two-day intensive training course for the UK medicine & dentistry interviews.
- Day 1
- General Techniques and Approaching Interviews: Panel, MMI approach
- Motivation for Medicine
- Work experience
- Teamwork, Leadership and Conflict Resolution
- Strengths, Weaknesses and Managing Stress
- Introduction to medical ethics
- Day 2
- Medical ethics (
cont’d) and how to approach the ethics questions
- Communication skills and role-play
- Unusual MMI stations
- Questions, Feedback and Close
DR CECILIA YU
- MA (Hon) and BA (Hon) in Natural Science (Biochemistry) from the University of Cambridge
- Currently Pursuing Graduate Entry Medicine at Imperial College London
- GCE A-level at Cheltenham Ladies College, UK
- Extensive experiences in tutoring and mentoring both high school students and university graduates, including biological sciences tutoring, Oxbridge and medical school interview preparation, and work experience/career mentoring
- Over 4 years experience in coaching students on how to apply to medicine in the UK and HK
What is BMAT?
The Biomedical Admissions Test (BMAT) is a test used by a collection of UK medical or related schools as a vital part of their screening process. If you are applying for the medical, veterinary or biomedical courses at top universities like Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, Imperial College etc., you are required to take the BMAT in September or
The 2018 BMAT test dates are September 1st and October 31st. Results are released within a month and universities will decide whether they will send you a conditional offer or interview offer (for medicine and veterinary applicants) based on your BMAT results, academic portfolio, school references, and personal statement. The test takes 120 minutes and consists of three major parts:
- Aptitude test with critical thinking and problem-solving questions.
- Knowledge test in biology, chemistry and physics
- Essay writing
Overview of BMAT?
The BMAT is an aptitude test used as part of the admissions process in certain universities in the United Kingdom, Spain, the Netherlands, Thailand and Malaysia for entry into a medicine, or dentistry programme.
It is a 2-hour long paper, consisting of three sections:
- Section 1 (Aptitude and Skills) is designed to test
problem solving, understanding arguments, data-analysis, critical thinking, logic and reasoning.
- Section 2 (Scientific Knowledge and Application) is designed to test the ability to apply scientific knowledge typically covered in school Science and Mathematics by the age of 16 (for example, GCSE in the UK and IGCSE internationally).
- Section 3 (Writing Task), where candidates must complete one essay question from a choice of three, testing their ability to select, develop and organise ideas, and to communicate them in writing, concisely and effectively.
The BMAT results help admissions officers identify candidates who possess reasoning and communication skills required to succeed in the rigorous courses applied. While each medical school uses the BMAT score differently, in general a high score on the BMAT will determine if you have interview at the medical schools and significantly increase your chance of an offer. It is therefore worth spending time familiarizing yourself with the test format, practising with past papers, as well as learning test-taking strategies.
Our BMAT course is designed to provide a concise but thorough guide and training for students who will be taking the BMAT in 2018.
Students applying to the following UK medical school for admission in the 2018 application cycle:
- Brighton & Sussex Medical School
- University of Cambridge
- Imperial College London
- Keele University
- Lancaster University
- Leeds' School of Medicine
- University of Oxford Medical School
- University College London
UKCAT or BMAT?
Most medical schools require either BMAT or another aptitude test, UKCAT. If you are uncertain whether to take BMAT or UKCAT, explore which schools you are most interested in first.
We also recommend that you take an assessment of both tests and see which one matches your strong suit. Contact us and we will send you mock tests for a taste of both.
How to score high in BMAT
We offer private individual lessons for BMAT candidates in the summer. The lessons coach students on the effective techniques needed to respond to different types of questions and address the student’s specific academic needs concerning the BMAT. The lessons are taught by experienced BMAT instructors who have taken the test and/or have gotten accepted into top UK medical schools.
For more information about our BMAT lessons, leave us a message here or contact us at (852)2302-6500 or email@example.com. In the meantime, check out our free UCAS Application Guide for helpful tips on applying to UK universities.
Our BMAT Tutors
The IB was tough and grueling program, but I credit my peers, teachers and the wonderful tutors at Cana for providing a challenging and fulfilling environment for me to learn. Cana tutors are not only knowledgeable in their fields but also approachable; willing and able to answer any questions I had on hand. Overall, I'm really happy with completing the IB and I can definitely say that the feeling of accomplishment after receiving my score made all the hard work worth it.
OUR SUCCESS STORIES
Obtained A/A* in GCE
Oxbridge Law Success