Oxbridge TSA Summer Intensive Training
This summer, CANA is offering a two-day intensive training course for the Oxbridge TSA.
The following topics will be covered over two days.
- Day 1
- Introduction to TSA
- Critical Thinking (split into 7 mini-sessions) & Practise
- Problem Solving (Split into 3 mini-sessions) & Practise
- Essay Writing & Plans
- Examination Techniques
- Distribution of Homework (to be reviewed next lesson)
- Includes 1-hour lunch break
- Review Homework
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving Drills
- Essay Discussion & Practise
- Includes two 15 minute breaks
We are offering two courses on the following dates:
- MA (Hon) and BA (Hon) in Natural Science (specialised in Psychology)
- New Hall (now Murray Edwards College)
- Achieved 6A*'s & 4 As in GCSE; 5 As in A-levels
What is TSA?
The Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA) is a test used by specific Oxbridge programs to assess if a candidate has the qualities needed to excel in their courses. Programs that require TSA include:
- University of Oxford
- Economics and Management
- Experimental Psychology
- Human Sciences
- Philosophy and Linguistics
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Psychology and Linguistics
- Psychology and Philosophy
- Chemistry (Section 1 only)
- History and Economics (Section 1 only)
- Economics and Management
The TSA is hosted only once in that year’s application cycle, usually in late October or early November. The 2018 test date is October 31st, 2018. Instead of registering on their own, students need to be registered by a test centre. CANA is an official test centre to register students for the TSA. The TSA results will be announced online in mid-January.
The test takes 120 minutes in total and consists of two main sections:
- Section 1: 50 multiple-choice questions testing critical thinking and reasoning
- Section 2: Requires students to write an essay out of four given topics
While the essay topics are not subject-specific, an understanding and awareness of global issues will give you an edge.
How to Score High in TSA
We offer private individual lessons and a group crash-course for TSA candidates in the summer. The crash course provides an overview of the test and techniques for all sections comprehensively. Meanwhile, individual lessons are personalized based on your specific needs, targeting areas of weakness. Both the crash course and private lessons are led by experienced TSA instructors who have taken the test themselves, and/or been educated in top UK universities.
For more information about our private lessons and crash course, leave us a message here or contact us at (852)2302-6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org. In the meantime, check out our free UCAS Application Guide to begin your journey to a university education in the UK.
Our TSA Tutors
The IB was tough and grueling program, but I credit my peers, teachers and the wonderful tutors at Cana for providing a challenging and fulfilling environment for me to learn. Cana tutors are not only knowledgeable in their fields but also approachable; willing and able to answer any questions I had on hand. Overall, I'm really happy with completing the IB and I can definitely say that the feeling of accomplishment after receiving my score made all the hard work worth it.
OUR SUCCESS STORIES
Oxbridge Law Success